Monday, January 01, 2007
So 2006 is over, and I've finished 17 things this year. That's 17 happydances! This has been my most productive stitching year by far. In the past two years I only managed to finish one thing! Pathetic!










December's goals:

  • Start and finish Nicki's HAED RR - Started, but not finished
  • Start and finish Beryl's Birds (Aussie RR) - Done!
  • Start and finish next round of Aussie RR (If it comes. I think I'm going to have two at once, but I could be wrong. I have no idea what's going on with this RR, the mailings are all over the place) - Nope. It did come though.
  • Finish 'S' by M Designs - Done!
  • Put at least one thread in Firefly Fairies - Nope
  • Prepare myself as far as possible to start Mystery X on January 1 (ie. choose a fabric! This depends on when the kit arrives here from ECC so I can do a floss toss) - Still haven't chosen my fabbie, and still waiting for the kit :(
  • Choose what count to do Boreas on, but DO NOT START HER (at least, not unless I finish Scent of Enchantment QS, which isn't likely) -Haven't even thought about it! I must get hold of some 20 count lugana to have a go on.

    So, now there's a new year and I have to make some big goals. The idea is to reduce my WIPs, because I hate having too many, I never feel like I'm getting any finishes.

    Current WIPs:
    1. Snow Drop Fairy - If I finish this and Travel Memories I can start the Snowman or Dartha. But I doubt it will happen.
    2. Scent of Enchantment QS - When I finish this I will be starting Boreas.
    3. Japanese Octagon Box - I don't actually expect to finish this, because I'll be doing Mystery X. If I do it's a bonus!
    4. Firefly Fairies - I REALLY want to finish this one. And if I do then I can start either Rose of Sharon (for me) or Tradewinds (for Dad)
    5. Travel Memories - I really should finish this, because the only thing stopping me is laziness! This will be replaced by Snowdrop Fairy (see above).
    6. Fire and Ice - Will most likely be retired to UFO status.
    7. Aussie RR89 - This should be finishing in July. I'm not going to replace it with anything, just enjoy the extra stitching time. In future I'm only going to participate in one robin at a time, because I miss out on too much 'me' stitching time.
    8. HAED RR - This won't finish until around December (I think) so I'll wait until 2008 to start a new Robin. Maybe a UFO RR for Fire and Ice?


    New Year Starts:


    1. I'm allowed one free new start to celebrate the beginning of the year, and that is Mystery X (pending materials and fabric choice)
    2. I'm also allowed a new start just for fun, and that is Toccata II SAL.
    3. (I was going to have a third start, Boreas, but I decided to make myself finish Scent of Enchantement QS, because it's sooo close)


    Financial Goals:


    1. To meet my mortgage repayments.
    2. To save $1000 by April for my trip to see DMB at Bluesfest.
    3. To have $5000 in my savings account by December (Paris? America? UK? who knows?)
    4. No new patterns or kits!!!!!! I have all the ones I need for next year, and I really do need to save money somehow! The exception to this will be 2 full size HAED patterns, which I haven't yet decided on, but one of them will probably be Silken Spells. But I'm waiting for a sale, and I'm waiting for a few more new releases ;)
    5. On the subject of flossies and fabbies, I haven't really decided yet. I'm going to continue collecting Stitches and Spice (very slowly), and I may sign up for a FOTM club (if I can decide on one), but other than that, I'm going to try and keep purchases to only what is needed for a current or immediately next project. (The exceptions to stash restrictions are sales of 50% or more, limited editions etc, and purchases for other people)


    Other Goals:


    1. To keep up with Mystery X (as soon as I've chosen a fabric).
    2. To meet all my mailing dates for robins.
    3. To keep up with Toccata II SAL.
    4. To get as much practice as possible with Finishing Techniques. I would love to join the SBEBB, but I really can't before I perfect a few methods. I can't finish everything as a biscornu. I might have to start saving up for a sewing machine!
    5. To limit my net time (I haven't decided to what though) and spend more time stitching.
    6. To devise and at least attempt a rotation. I don't know if it'll work for me, but I'm going to have a go at it. Some more structure might be just what I need to actually get something done!
    7. To keep this blog going! That means posting at least twice a week, updating the sidebars regularly, and finally spending the time to find a perfect layout.
    8. To weigh no more than 95kg by Christmas *fingers crossed*
  • Labels: , ,

     
    posted by Tash at 21:39 |


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment





    Post a Comment