Wednesday, July 19, 2006
I got back from Canberra yesterday afternoon. It's soooo nice to be home again.

I did have a lovely time with the family, we played games on Saturday night, and we didn't clean the house, and we ate lamb chops and roast veggies... it was lovely. But unfortunately I didn't get much stitching done. I took Japanese Box, but didn't even get to finish the frame of the next panel. Shocking, I know.

I did some stash shopping in the last couple of days. I went to Stitchabout and got some fabric for my HAED RR, which I might not even use because I still haven't decided for sure on the theme. It's from 28 count Lugana from Stitches and Spice and the colour is called Tundra. I stopped at Victoria House on the way down to Canberra and bought 2 skeins of Caron Soie Cristale silks because they didn't have Gloriana. Mum gave me a needle case, and some Udder Cream, because it's so hard to find around here. And I bought the Flower Fairies book at Spotlight last time they had a 20% off sale.

I did plenty of online stash shopping too. I bought a few things on eBay, a couple of which are being posted to my aunt's house so my sister can bring them home from England for me (yay for cheap postage!!) Mum ordered some stash for my birthday (all the way back in April) from Nordic Needle, but some of the items were on back order for so long that we ended up cancelling the order, so I made a replacement order from The Silver Needle. Now I can't wait for it to come, then I'll have even more stuff to show you :)

I spent the morning doing some house cleaning, and then I spent two hours moving all my stash from the box it was overflowing out of into the drawer set that used to house most of my underwear and socks. It was so exciting. I love going through my stash, I seem to find so many things I forgot I had. I'm all excited about doing Flying High again!

But of course, there are only so many hours in the day, so after all of that, I only got 400 stitches done on Scent of Enchantment. I've done all down one side, and all along the top, and I've started with the first block on the second row. It's nice now that I can see how big it actually is. The colours are amazing!

I'm having so much fun stitching it, but I'm feeling guilty because I know I'm neglecting Japanese Box, and I should really be doing some more on Fire and Ice because I don't want it to become a UFO. I think I'll get that out tomorrow to do some on it.

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 00:40 |


1 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 20 July, 2006 05:17, Anonymous Anonymous

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 


Post a Comment