Saturday, November 10, 2007

Ooh, it looks so sweet, doesn't it! I love the colours in this. I'm not usually a pink kind of girl, but this is just too pretty! I went to Spotlight (yuck!) at Birkenhead Point on Thursday and bought the silk I needed to line these with. It's white silk dupion, and it's just divine! I'd never heard of it before. It was very expensive, $40 per metre so I only bought 1/2 a metre, that should be plenty for this, but I'd love to go any buy a metre of each colour and use it for all my smalls. It's absolutely decadent.
I got the other equipment I needed (skirtex, fusible interfacing, cloisonne beads) from Dragonfly Dreams when I was there a couple of months ago. I have to say that Karen is the lovliest person! She was so helpful. I was asking her about skirtex, and she didn't know if what she had was appropriate, so she said "Just hold on for a few minutes and I'll phone the designer!" Wow. So she phoned Janie Hubble at work on her mobile phone! It was pretty cool. I can't wait until I have enough cash to make another trip up there!
The only other thing I need for finishing is "heavyweight cardboard". Does anyone know exactly how heavyweight is heavyweight? Should I be able to bend it? It's for the needlebook, so I guess I don't really want that bending, do I? Maybe I should just use skirtex for that too, or would it be too flexy? Oh I don't know. I'm such a dunce at finishing!
Okay, I have to go now because my yummy fish and chips dinner is here. I'm hoping to finish the second panel of the needle book at work tonight. Wish me luck!
 
posted by Tash at 20:07 |


2 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 11 November, 2007 06:05, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper

Very pretty piece. Have fun finishing it:)

 

At 11 November, 2007 11:06, Anonymous Anonymous

I'm not sure what they mean by heavyweight either, but then I've never used cardboard in a needlebook, and I've made loads. Every needlebook I've ever made has been 'bendy' - I really don't think it matters. That is a really pretty piece BTW...it's going to be delicious when it's all made up!

 


Post a Comment