Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Here's Monday's progress on JOB. I finished wll the stitching in the third panel, and added some gold to the lantern at the bottom. I didn't get too much done because I felt guilty and decided to study for my exam (it went okay by the way)Wow, the fabric colour came out quite well in this picture! I was going to do more... I was going to do more gold on the top and bottom, but I got stuck on a decision. I was looking at the way I had put the gold around the rhodes stitches. I followed the instructions which said to do it in two stitches (on the left) but I think It might look better if I just do it as one long stitch (on the right). I looked at other people's WIPs on webshots, I saw that Kyrie is doing it in two stitches, other on people have done it both ways, and some people have done it with four tiny stitches! I'm leaning towards the one long stitch on the right. Any one else have an opinion?
And lastly, I finished Cherry Blossom Spring yesterday. Yay! Now, I can get started on the finishing. Eeek! Actually, I'm tempted to stitch Fir Tree Mountain too so that I can finish them all at the same time. But I really should finish the other two as they were supposed to be birthday presents and they're already very late. *sigh* I just don't know.

Happy stitching :)
 
posted by Tash at 17:04 |


8 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 15 November, 2007 01:05, Blogger Laura

Tash, your Cherry Blossom Spring is lovely. I am eager to see the finishing. I also love your JN Running Rabbits.

 

At 15 November, 2007 01:10, Blogger Kyriaki

I love the pinks in cherry blossom spring :)

Please forgive me, I completely forgot about the SAL this week. Head in the clouds or something I think! I'll definitely be in next week.

With regard to JOB - I vote two stitches, I just like how it looks. But hey, it's your stitching - you go with what you like!

 

At 15 November, 2007 11:43, Blogger Stitchittari

hey there thabks for your comments and encouragment well i have been stitching your work is so pretty it looks really neat

 

At 15 November, 2007 20:41, Blogger Nicki

JOB looks gorgeous! I like both two and one stitch, so I'd do whichever you prefer. I'm trying to remember what I've done on similar rhodes stitches and I think it's probably one stitch, but I'm not sure!

 

At 15 November, 2007 20:45, Blogger Mel

It looks really great. I love the fabric too

 

At 15 November, 2007 23:55, Blogger mercy

Hi I'm Mercy and I found your blog through the Fair and Square Exchange. You have such a beautiful blog! Thanks to you I think I'm going to have to stitch Tocotta 2 LOL. Good luck in nursing school! How many more semesters do you have left? It's hard work but once you're actually working you miss school, that is until pay day hehe.

 

At 16 November, 2007 00:41, Blogger Terry

Hi, I followed you over here from Fair and Square. You have a fantastic blog and you do some fantastic work. We have three nurses in our family, so I wish you very best in nursing school. it is a rewarding profession!!

 

At 16 November, 2007 06:55, Blogger Michelle

Cherry Blossom Spring is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it made up. Your JOB is coming along beautifully too.

 


Post a Comment