Thursday, January 18, 2007
I just spent a lovely morning re-arranging my stash. I've got a fabric drawer, a floss drawer, a kit drawer, and a chart shelf. It was so much fun because I found all these things I forgot that I had!

This was a pair of jeans that my friend made into a bag for me. I remember that it was my favourite bag for the looongest time. I called it, creatively, my jeans bag. But unfortunately there are too many holes in it, so I'm going to have to chuck it out :( But I thought I'd take a picture, to preserve the memory.



I really had forgotten about this! I don't even remember where or when I got it, but now that I look at it, I'm getting an idea. It's the pattern and template to make the box, and you're meant to go out and find your own fabric. But, I thought, instead of using fabric, could you cover it with cross stitch? I mean, if you measured how big the panels were, you could take a bit of linen and stitch up something and cover the box with that. Does anyone have any thoughts? Would that even work? I'm really excited about this idea, but it will take a lot of planning and fine tuning. And I don't actually know if it's possible!

I realised that I haven't taken a WIP pic of Japanese Octagon Box for a while. I feel guilty because I haven't worked on it for so long... but it was just that awful border! Aaargh! No, awful is wrong, it's lovely, but it's just so repetitive, so repetitive.


In other news: I *finally* got the pics from my trip to Perth off my camera. It was the first time in 4 years that we had the WHOLE family there. Well, almost the whole family. It would have been the whole family, except for my bro Carl. So I had to add his picture into this photo of all the Grandchildren. There's 14 of us, from 6 different families, the oldest (Me) is 23, and the youngest (Jack) is 8 months.

And here are the Grandparents. They're both 67 :)

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 10:52 |


1 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 18 January, 2007 13:18, Anonymous Anonymous

I love your Japanese Octagon Box, I feel the same way about borders, I really have to be in the mood to do them.

Doesn't it feel good to organize your stash? My DH is painting a room this weekend that I'm going to turn into a stitching room. I can't wait.

 


Post a Comment