Saturday, September 06, 2008
I'm being tempted.

I know I should be finishing my little Snowdrop Fairy. It really won't take me that long. I could probably finish it today if I wanted to. But I'm being tempted. I was organising all my stitching stuff (I hadn't touched it since we moved house back in May) and I've been looking at all my old WIPs. It's so easy to forget how gorgeous they are! I'm in love with them again, and I want to stitch on them all at once.

But I took one look at Lady of Lake and knew that I HAVE to do more of it.

(Click to embiggen, as always)
That's about 9,300 stitches which makes it about 5.4% complete (total 171500 stitches...yikes). WOO HOO! Oh, and by the way, it's tented, 2x1 on 32 ct white opalescent Lugana.
Here's a picture of the top half of the chart, which might give you an idea of where I'm up to. Also, it looks pretty cool. I love that you can make out the picture pretty well from just symbols.

And for those with short-term memory loss, here's what it will look like if when it's finished.
I'm definitely suffering from WIP guilt though. I didn't actually count how many I have going, I couldn't bear to, but I would guess there's about 10 or 12. I'm really glad I organised the WIPs before going through all the kits and charts, because I can guarantee I would have had at least two more new starts! I was also looking at one of my UFOs, and I'm considering reviving it. I won't say more about it, because I don't want to make a promise I might not keep... but it's a maybe. Anyway, I'm sure you'll hear about it if there's anything to hear.
 
posted by Tash at 06:14 |


3 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 08 September, 2008 11:41, Blogger Veronica

That is indeed quite an undertaking. I've yet to find corrage to stitch a project so huge and elaborate. Great start you've got there. I agree it's pretty cool to be able to see the design from the chart/symbols alone.

 

At 08 September, 2008 11:42, Blogger Veronica

Oops... mispelt 'courage' >.<

 

At 19 October, 2008 14:17, Anonymous Anonymous

Oooh, poor Jack had to close all his blogs and his homepage.

You forgot to say
nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah-nyah

 


Post a Comment