Thursday, July 27, 2006
Oh, I've had a terrible couple of days on the stitching front... only a handful of stitches. I didn't even touch a needle today, and yesterday I only did 21(!) stitches on Scent of Enchantment. It feels like such a waste of valuable days. I'm always worried that I'm going to die before I have time to stitch everything I want to. Well, actually I think that's a certainty, because I have enough stash to last me several lifetimes, and a fairly exhaustive wishlist. So when I go for four days without doing more than a couple of threads I'm horrified! I did start a new WIP on Monday (like I needed another one...) but this one is only small. It's 'S' by M Designs, and I'm doing it on 40 count white linen and using Gloriana Desert Rose. It've only done a few threads, so it kind of looks like a weird scary eye to me. Heh.


I'm making it for my Grandmother, whose name is Sylvia. My biggest problem is going to be figuring out a way to finish it. I don't have a sewing machine, but I have no problems with hand sewing. But I've never finished anything before, not even cushion or needleroll, so I'm a bit scared. Anyone have any ideas or links?

Catherine returned safely from England, and came bearing gifts for me! 3 Flower Fairies kits: Willow Fairy, Snowdrop Fairy, and Almond Blossom Fairy. There was more, but those are the stashy gifts. I've been thoroughly spoiled. And, since she wasn't able to find most of the other kits I requested, she gave me back the money I gave her to spend, and I used it to place a $100 order from SB&B. Yay! I'm going to have a very stashy few weeks :D

Frankly, I'm going to need the stashy excitement, because work starts again on Saturday, and Uni on Tuesday, and I'm gonna be miserable again. I miss my holidays already :)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 03:31 |


0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Post a Comment