Monday, January 29, 2007


Yay! I finished it! That's 5 for 2007!

I figured out what it is about the backstitching that I hated. It's the fact that they're all like long stitches rather than backstitches, and I think they look messy and don't really sit right. But, on the up side, they are much quicker then normal backstitches, which is how I managed to finish so quickly.

AAAAARGH! DISASTER!!! I just went to wash it (after I scanned it and started writing this entry..thank goodness) and all the back stitches have stretched and moved... especially the gold ones! EEEK! I don't know why it happened!? It's kind of like maybe the aida shrunk, but the thread didn't. Look: (Click to see it bigger and clearly)
help?

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 14:35 |


3 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 29 January, 2007 23:48, Blogger Arthemise

Oh no! Maybe when it dries it will be OK?

I usually fudge long stitches into backstitches because I hate so much dangling thread on my pieces. You could also try couching the stitches and see if that helps.

 

At 30 January, 2007 00:06, Anonymous Anonymous

Maybe I don't see well, but I think the backstiching looks fine. It's a great piece.

 

At 31 January, 2007 23:05, Anonymous Anonymous

Hmmm. It just looks like your stitches are a little long. I try not to take a stitch longer than two or three cross stitch lengths. Like Arthemise said, maybe try couching the stitches down? Otherwise, this piece looks great - well done!

 


Post a Comment