Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I've been wanting to do that peacock for weeks, but I couldn't resist any longer. It's just lovely. Those stitches are called double broad diagonal crosses. Because the peacock was so large I wanted a small motif for the second one. I love the mauve colours, they bring out the pinky bits in the fabric perfectly. I wish I were a better photographer so I could show you what I mean.

Travel memories dried out, and most of the stitches are okay now, but the gold metallic is still all funny. I think I'll just restitch them.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Tash at 10:05 |


3 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 30 January, 2007 12:00, Blogger Nicki

Really lovely :) I like that peacock too. I did the tree at the top for one of mine so we both did really fun ones this week!

 

At 30 January, 2007 15:10, Anonymous Anonymous

That is a lovely peacock. Great job.

 

At 05 February, 2007 13:45, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper

I just discovered your blog via Nicki's posts on your sal! I love your progress on Toccata 2! It is a fantastic piece.

 


Post a Comment