Saturday, May 19, 2007
Just a quick note. I will be off to Canberra tomorrow to visit my Mummy for the whole week! This is to celebrate having a week off uni (half the class is at clinical, mine will be the week after) and not having to go to work at that horrible job. Yes, I have done my last shift there, and left with a great big smile on my face. I feel so wonderful and free, despite the fact that I've been working double shifts at the nursing home, due to an outbreak of "The Dreaded D&V" (gastroenteritis).

It seems to be a horrible strain, so many staff are off sick with it too. I'm just praying that my immune system holds up, as I've been ill for the past week or so with a horrible cold, and all I need now is this!

An interesting side-effect of this outbreak is that due to a recent outbreak in Victorian nursing home where a few people actually died, a few reporters have been hanging around trying to get a story, so there are memos everywhere making sure we don't talk to the press! Quite exciting for a little old us. (Don't worry, no one is going to die here!)

Anyway, just wanted to show a couple of pictures before I go, as I probably won't have a chance to update all week. First is my progress on Leigh's HAED RR. The skin colours look really dark, so I hope it turns out okay.

And since I'm going t be away on Tuesday I thought I'd better share Toccata II early. I did OPQ and Area 20. I loved this one, it had so many stitches in it :) queen stitch, satin stitch, alternating double back stitch, elongated smyrna cross, and tied trellis stitch! Phew!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to stitch on JOB this Monday, as I'm going to Canberra on the train and won't be able to carry it. I'll be taking Mystery X instead which is collapsible (hooray for Q-Snaps!) so hopefully by the time I return I'll have made some headway. Maybe I'll even have finished part 2! But don't get your hopes up ;)

See you on Friday!

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 18:17 |


1 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 26 May, 2007 18:17, Blogger Kyriaki

thanks tash

*hug*

going to stitch JOB with me this week?

 


Post a Comment