Saturday, April 07, 2007
I have a week off uni this week, yay! I can't believe I've made it through half a semester already! All I can say is thank god it's behind me! So this week will be stitching catch up week (I've been suffering withdrawl symptoms).

First, and most excitingly, I got RAK'd! Anne sent me one of my favourite charts from my wishlist that I've been admiring for years, but never actually got around to buying: Ice Angel (L&L)Thank you SO much Anne. I was so confused when I saw that I had a parcel in the mailbox, because I wasn't expecting anything. It's amazing how something like that can brighten your whole week!!!

Although I've been so busy, especially with writing horrible assignments, I've still managed to get a few hours a week in for stitching. I'm halfway finished with Michelle's RR. I'm doing Angel of Joy, and she's so lovely. It's just amazing how all of those strange colours work together perfectly to make such a perfect, detailed picture. I would love to stitch all of these up, if I was sure I was going to live forever, that is.



And, the exciting news is that I decided to join Tranquility Mystery sampler along with everyone else in the world. After a false start, I ended up choosing 1 over 1 on 32 count opalescent lugana in Cashmere Glitz from Silkweaver(I got it in a trick or treat bag last year). It's a nice sort of beige colour. I wish it wasn't opalescent, but oh well. I've decided not to use the recommended colours, but to choose overdyed cottons from my stash. I got a few together that I think will work, but I need to go and get a few more GAST from The Crewel Gobelin or some Stitches and Spice threads from Stitchabout (my two LNSs). But I don't know what sorts of colours I need. I was thinking of a dark goldish colour, and definitely a purple or two, and another green...and maybe a brown, I don't know. Any suggestions will definitely be welcomed (hint hint). Anyway, this is what I did at work last night. I think I'll finish part 1 tonight, (exciting!), and then work on part 2 in the car tomorrow on the way to Canberra. Hey, maybe I can stop at Victoria House on the way... oh, the possibilities! So exciting! Oh, the colours there are Cherub (GAST LE), Cherry Wine (GAST), Sugar Cane Crunch (Stitches and Spice, I'm not sure how well this one goes with the other colours...), Gecko (GAST LE), Cornflower (GAST), Midnight (GAST), and Moonlight (GAST. I'm not sure about this one either...)

Labels: , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 08:14 |


2 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 07 April, 2007 22:03, Blogger Arthemise

Oooh, the angel looks great! Thanks for working on my piece. :-)

 

At 08 April, 2007 00:29, Blogger Karin

What a great RAK! I love the way that Michelle's piece is coming along.

 


Post a Comment