Sunday, March 04, 2007
I've had the week from hell.

I can't be bothered going over it in detail, it'll probably just make me grumpy, but let's just say that it included uni every afternoon, orientation for the new job every morning, four night shifts, missing classes because I had to stay late at work because the person who was relieving me was an hour and a half(!) late, one blown up car, and walking out the front door without my keys or phone!

Needless to say that by the time I got home on Friday evening I was stressed, exhausted and generally miserable. So I decided I deserved Friday night off work, and enjoyed some well-earned stitching time.

I treated myself to a new start: Boreas. And she's lovely. I'm doing her 2x1 on 18 count ivory aida. I've only done 500 stitches, but it took me all of Friday evening and most of Saturday to do. It's very slow moving, because there are SO MANY colours and most of them are blended. Ack! I will never whinge about a HAED again! But it does look stunning. The picture doesn't really show the subtlety of the colours, but it's lovely in real life trust me.



I've had to really stop myself from starting Silken Spells the last couple of weeks. She's been calling to me. She's on my desktop at the moment, because I usually get sick of things when they're on my desktop, but that's not working at the moment, I just love her. Almost as much as Boreas! But how silly would it be to start her now, I've already got Boreas on the go, not to mention the HAED RR. I would never have any time to spend on her, and any time I did would be much better spent on one of my other many WIPs! I must resist!!!!!

I managed to do a little more on Mystery X yesterday and today. I'm still on Part 2 even though Part 3 came out the other day. But remember, I was over a month late starting, so I don't mind. Part 3 is smaller (but still lovely) so I'm sure I'll catch up. (I'm an optimist...)



I'm going to do some March goals because I haven't done goals for a while now.
1. Finish Part 2 of Mystery X
2. Get at least halfway through Michelle's RR
3. Decide on and collect materials for one PIF gift
4. DO NOT START Silken Spells.

Hmm, it doesn't look like much, but I know that I'm going to struggle to meet those goals. Stupid uni :( Full time is horrible. Plus having the third job is taking up all my spare time. Not to mention all the assignments I have due at the end of the month. Oh how I miss the holidays!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 17:15 |


3 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 04 March, 2007 23:27, Anonymous Anonymous

Love your HAED. You've made a great start.

 

At 04 March, 2007 23:36, Blogger Kyriaki

She looks beautiful :) Might have to try a golden kite one day, when I get a few WIPs done!

Been trying to post a reply for a couple days but the comment feature was hating word verification for me. I can comment now, yay!

Mondays sound excellent, if you can do monday? I can do tuesday too, but you've got Toccata 2 to do then. I havent got my kit yet, but shall we figure out a date in potentia?

 

At 05 March, 2007 02:33, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper

Beautiful start to MX. I am just drooling over everyones progress. If I am still drooling in another month or so, I am going to have to buy it!

 


Post a Comment