Sunday, August 13, 2006

Lady of the Lake - Sara Butcher (350x490)
To be honest, I can't even describe how much I love her, or even why. She just pushes all my buttons. Ive always been a fan of Arthurian legend, and I have to say that this is a far lovelier illustration of her that I could have imagined. I want to put real pearls on her gorgeous dress. The only reason not to do her is that I'm planning to do lots of Sara Butcher ACEOs as well, and I think I might get 'Butchered out" so to speak.

The Langsuir - Ian Daniels (300x296)
When I first saw her I wasn't sure if I liked her or not. She was just a bit weird. But the more I look at her, the more I love her. So I bought the QS. But now, I keep looking at her and loving her even more. In fact, I think I'm becoming a little obsessed with her. She's just lovely. So I really want to do the large one. But I'm a little worried that I would get bored with a B&W design, and I don't really know how they turn out. I'll have to go and look at some WIPs.


Dark Waters, Bright Skies - Selina Fenech (625x430)
This one will be huge. That's the main attraction. The sheer size of it. Plus I think it's pretty and all :) It was the first HAED that made me think "I want to stitch that!" Just as long as all of that blue doesn't kill me.


Wind - Sheila Wolk (350x593)
I don't know the stitch count of this one yet, as it is currently on an aeroplane, or a ship, or a truck on it's way to me. But that's not the point. She is stunning. And the colours are breathtaking. When I saw her I knew I had to have her, and I know I was so lucky to get hold of her because she was already discontinued. I don't know what to say about her really... the picture kind of speaks for itself.


Oh, how can I possibly choose? I think I should just do them all!!! Hahahaha! But really. HELP!

p.s. I know, I've been slack with updating, but...well I have no excuse. But I do have some more stash to share :)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Tash at 04:27 |


2 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 13 August, 2006 12:00, Blogger Nicki

First, how was the dentist? Hope it went OK.

I'm a BIG Sara Butcher fan so I love Lady of the Lake. It's one of her big ones I want to do one day. I don't think it would be possible to get fed up with her stuff... :)

 

At 13 August, 2006 23:35, Blogger Unknown

Wow! You certainly do have a tough choice! Uhmmm, don't know that I can be much help... but I must say, I love Lady of the Lake, would love to stitch her myself... I do have the chart and you just might get me inspired. Blue Skies.. now that is another one that I have and really want to stitch. Not much help, but those are two are the ones I would love to see some wips on!! :)

 


Post a Comment