Thursday, November 30, 2006
Firstly, Fudgey wanted to know about Cookie's fabric. He's 2 over 2 on 32 count white linen. I'm doing the writing 1 over 1.

For this week:
How do you secure your thread when you begin a new one? Specifically, do you or have you ever used a waste knot?
I usually do a loop start, because it's dead easy, and I'm laaaazy. I hate waste knots. If I'm only stitching with one strand, I sometimes do a waste knot, but more often, I just take the needle down leaving a tail about 7 or 8 stitches ahead of where I start, and then come up and stitch over the tail at the back. It's the same kind of thing as a waste knot, but you don't have to snip the knot and rethread the needle and weave it under yourself. Does that make any sense at all? This page kind of describes what I mean.

For all my pay it forward recipients, a couple of things:
I had to remove a couple of people from the list because it appears that they're already receiving from other people, so I'm very sorry to them :(
For the people who are still on the list (Nicki, Kyrie, Virpi, and Ann) I need each of you to email me (tashage@hotmail.com) with the following things:
-Postal address,
-date of birth,
-favourite colour(s),
-favourite styles of stitching,
-a link to your wishlist (if you have one),
-and anything else you want to tell me about yourself.

And lastly, I still have one more place left on the list. If you're interested please please please comment and email me :)

That's all for today, I'm off to stitch, but hopefully tomorrow I'll have a finish for you, and another one the next day! (yay)

Labels:

 
posted by Tash at 12:11 |


0 Comments:

Post a Comment





Post a Comment