Tuesday, October 24, 2006
One of my favourite little ladies at work died yesterday. She was such a sweet little thing, everyone loved her... but, she was 104 years old, she was probably ready to go. It was so heartbreaking looking after her for the last few nights and hours. She was really suffering, because her doctor wouldn't give her any pain relief... it's terrible to see someone so distressed and to be so powerless to do anything to help them. I always feel sad when someone dies, but you do get attatched to some of them more than others.

So when I came home from work yesterday, I didn't feel like writing about Liechhardt. So instead, I put in a very large order at Stitched From The Heart. I read on Mel's blog that they are having a closing down sale, and 70% off everything(!) is just too good to miss. So I've been spending money that I don't have. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

The good news is that I think I've finally found a suitable piece of fabric for Toccata 2! It's only taken me 3 months or so. *sigh* The first two pieces I tried were just awful... that's the problem with ordering online... you never get to see exactly what you're buying until it arrives! I finally settled on 36 ct Stitches and Spice Celtic Blend. I did order it online again, but I'm not worried, because I've actually stitched on it before, for my Celtic Banner, and I know it will be lovely. Not so pinky in real life though.

So... I'll be starting that SAL soon, and I'll be posting off my HAED RR in a couple of days (still plugging away at that horrible border...), and receiving (I think) Nicki's to stitch on. Plus, I've signed up for a biscornu exchange at LJ XstitchXchange (link fixed), so I have to find an appropriate pattern and learn how to make one for my recepient. AND I had a new start today! I made myself get started on Jaxon's birth sampler. (No pic yet, so far it's only a blue blobby.) So my fingers are very busy!!

And don't get me started on a week of clinicals, my major assignment (which, of course, I haven't started) due next week, OSCAs coming up, the mortgage being approved (or more likely, rejected) this week, and changing jobs (which further complicates the mortgage stuff)... I'm a very busy little vegemite! (And a bit of a stressed one too!)

Actually, speaking of vegemite, did you hear that they've banned vegemite in the USA?!

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by Tash at 15:56 |


3 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 25 October, 2006 01:14, Blogger Arthemise

Wow, that's a great sale! No way you can pass that up.

The link to the exchange doesn't work. Can you post the URL?

 

At 25 October, 2006 07:34, Blogger Nicki

I need to sort out my covering letter and notebook for the RR don't I? LOL!

 

At 26 October, 2006 05:59, Blogger Terri in Ajax

I love the fabric!

 


Post a Comment