Sunday, November 05, 2006
Guess who?

So yesterday, I said goodbye to my lovely RR, before it winged its way to America, and I won't have it back again for a whole year!! But when it does come back it'll be filled with lovely pictures stitched by me new friends :) This is how it looked when I sent it. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish the border, which I feel terrible about, but I really wanted to get it out on time. I also left a black 'square' for me to stitch when it comes home, because hopefully I'll be able to choose another favourite by then. The theme is black and white by the way, and all of the designs are from HAED.

I'm just in love with this whole idea of round robins and exchanges and everything. It's wonderful to be able to have stitchy friends all over the world... especially when most people I know around here think I'm a bit mad. I started my biscornu for the exchange. I wish I could show you pics, because I love it. The colours are so gorgeous! I've had fun shopping for extra little bits to put in with it too :) I keep finding such lovely goodies , and I just want to send them to everyone!!

In the same vein, I was seriously tempted by the Pay It Forward idea I saw on Mel's Blog. I wasn't going to do it at first, thinking I've already got enough on my plate, but then I saw that someone mentioned a one year time allowance, and in the end I caved. I'm such a sucker! So here we go:

I'm going to put together a cross stitch 'care package' for the first five people to respond to this post in the comments below. I'll stitch you something small, and include some little fabbies, threads, charts, whatever I can find that I think you'd like. Hopefully I'll be able to make it personal; things that I think you'd appreciate from what I read on your blog. Also, I'm giving myself a one year allowance to make and put together all five packages. So if you’re interested, comment away. Next, email me (tashage@hotmail.com) letting me know your snail mail address and you blog URL, and I'll be in touch :) Psst... and even if there is already five comments, you should email me anyway... you'll probably get lucky. The catch? You need to blog this too, and 'pay it forward' in your own way. Go on… it'll be fun :D

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Tash at 10:04 |


6 Comments:

Post a Comment



At 05 November, 2006 23:07, Blogger fudgey

a terrible dilemma i wanted to comment but i do not want you spending your precious stitching time and budget on me...
i wanted to say i love your RR layout and the idea of the B&W theme..
i can't wait to see what other charts the girls stitch to compliment your lovely piece..
now start counting the 5 responses from now {{hugs}}

 

At 06 November, 2006 23:12, Blogger Kyriaki

I'd love to join this! So consider me "commented"

What kind of thing do you pay forward though? Is it just a stitchy thing, or is it a package of anything?

The RR looks lovely, one of these days I'm going to have to get myself signed up for one.

 

At 07 November, 2006 08:25, Blogger Nicki

Ditto what fudgey said! No one is going to comment because they don't want you to feel obliged to send them goodies!! :) But I wanted to say it looks lovely too. I'm going to have to wait AGES to see it! LOL. Posting mine to you today :)

 

At 07 November, 2006 19:34, Blogger Kyriaki

Thankyou so much.

 

At 08 November, 2006 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous

I saw you had already 6 comments but lucky me some of them didn't want to participate to your pay it forward challenge. You can't get hints from my blog cause I usually stitch for others but I love everything green and wolves =). My e-mail address is virpi.rantakangas@netti.fi So e-mail me if you would like to count me in.

 

At 22 November, 2006 11:18, Blogger PastormacsAnn

Came by here via Plush's blog. I'd love to be included if you don't already have your five. (I couldn't quite tell from the comments above! ) jubys1mom@yahoo.com

 


Post a Comment